AMEND has partnered with several organizations to create Information for Residents of Correctional Facilities: Frequently Asked Questions about the COVID-19 Vaccine. Please feel free to download this medical guidance about the vaccine and share widely with your networks. If you have any questions about this resource or suggestions for how to distribute the information to those who are incarcerated or their loved ones, you may contact us here.COVID-Vax-info-for-residents-1.10.21-FINAL
Resources will be updated as new evidence emerges. Be the first to receive them by signing up for our email newsletter.
We are here for you! Click below for resources designed for each member of the correctional community. Please share your requests and needs with us via email.
CalPROTECT aims to document and assess capacity in California state prisons to respond to COVID-19, and provide recommendations that prioritize the dignity, health, and wellbeing of currently incarcerated people, staff, and surrounding communities. Click here to find out more about the team, and the work they are doing.
COVID-19 and Youth Detention Settings
Ethical Use of Medical Isolation to Reduce COVID-19 Transmission
CA Senate Testimony
Geriatrics Grand Rounds Presentation
Amend Publications about COVID
- Health and Justice: A Call to Protect Patients, Correctional Staff, and Healthcare Professionals in Jails and Prisons during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- American Journal of Public Health: ‘Prisons: Amplifiers of the COVID-19 Pandemic Hiding in Plain Sight‘
- JPHMP Direct: ‘COVID-19 Amidst Carceral Contexts: The Overton Window of Political Possibility and Policy Change‘
- Health Affairs: ‘Correctional Facilities in the Shadow of COVID-19: Unique Challenges and Proposed Solutions‘
- Health Affairs: ‘Protecting Decarcerated Populations in the Era of COVID-19: Priorities for Emergency Discharge Planning‘
- The Justice Collaborative Institute ‘No Excuses: Governors Must Pursue Decarceration Along with Investments in Re-Entry Services‘